Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2529 in lilypond: configure should error for a

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2529 in lilypond: configure should error for any missing software
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 22:56:51 +0000

Comment #3 on issue 2529 by address@hidden: configure should error for any missing software

Well, ugh.  From
https://github.com/gperciva/gub/blob/master/gub/specs/lilypond.py
it seems that GUB calls LilyPond's configure with --disable-documentation in all cases, then when it needs to build docs (lilypond-doc.py) it directly calls make with DOCUMENTATION=YES without (re)configuring with --enable-documentation. As I don't want to take risks of breaking GUB build in the plan of applying a fix to stable/2.16, I'm preparing a patch that

* will enforce documentation build requirements in case configure receives --enable-documentation (which is the default), in particular in the hope that more packagers (e.g. Fedora) decide to build the documentation again

* but that will still check for documentation requirements with --disable-documentation without failing on the requirements that are missing (as current configure script does); as many documentation requirements are needed for "make test" too, this makes some sense after all.