Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2529 in lilypond: configure should error for a

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2529 in lilypond: configure should error for any missing software
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 18:04:29 +0000

Updates:
        Owner: address@hidden

Comment #2 on issue 2529 by address@hidden: configure should error for any missing software

Graham, there is already --enable-documentation/--disable-documentation, but currently it isn't used properly: in order to avoid configure failure when cross-compiling (in particular in GUB), all requirements which are only needed for documentation build and "make test*/check" have been made optional. IMO this is wrong. So, in addition to a patch to configure.in/aclocal.m4 (which I've written and testing before sumbisssion), fixing this requires to add --disable-documentation configure flag in cross-compilation LilyPond builds in GUB; any takers for it?

Do we also want to check for tar (needed for "make dist"), gftodvi (that may used by font developers, see mf/GNUmakefile and/or stepmake/stepmake/metafont-rules.make)? If there is no feedback on this, I won't add these checks in the patch, as they require a bit more of work (adding configure command-line options) for very little gain IMHO.