Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2673 in lilypond: Volta improvements

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2673 in lilypond: Volta improvements
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 08:25:22 +0000

Comment #29 on issue 2673 by address@hidden: Volta improvements

Thanks, Keith. We were aware of that, but it's not clear from the typography books whether the hook should be there or not. In a mail on devel, I said:

"I've checked my typography books (including Gould) and it's not clear that
there's a rule. It's clear that a bracket over a first-time section that
breaks over a system should be open-ended at the system break, and should
close at the end of the first-time section.  The brackets should close at
the end of the music.  Generally, it seems that the last bracket can be left
open unless it's the same length as the first time section, when it can be
closed.  "