Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2719 in lilypond: Patch: Brain surgery on the

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2719 in lilypond: Patch: Brain surgery on the build system, first stage
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 19:46:50 +0000

Updates:
        Owner: address@hidden

Comment #5 on issue 2719 by address@hidden: Patch: Brain surgery on the build system, first stage

As Graham is likely most affected in the short to intermediate range by changes in the build system with regard to unstable and stable releases, I will leave the decision whether or not to include this in 2.16 (or 2.15.43) to him. I expect to cut the 2.16 branch at the weekend, and getting larger changes in after that will be viewed even more skeptically. Since this is "needs_work" now, and labelled as "first stage" as well, you'll likely have to prepare a convincing case.

Comment #4 looks weird: appears like the patch was applied after building the test baseline and before (finishing?) cleaning up, which does not make sense. Did you change test-patches recently or possibly ran two versions in parallel?