Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2682 in lilypond: Collision of notehead and be

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2682 in lilypond: Collision of notehead and beam in beam-collision-basic.ly regression test
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 05:28:10 +0000

Comment #3 on issue 2682 by address@hidden: Collision of notehead and beam in beam-collision-basic.ly regression test

I'd be good to see what is done in the literature for cases like this. I agree with David, and I think comments could even be added in the .ly file to signal where the collisions lie.

In general, it'd be awesome if there were a "ly:collide?" function that took two grobs and returned true if they collided as well as an easy way through .ly syntax to have this apply to two given grobs. That way the regtests would fail if new collisions entered or if old ones went away.