Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1670 in lilypond: Allow numbers in variable na

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1670 in lilypond: Allow numbers in variable names: violin1mvt2 = c'
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2012 21:37:01 +0000

Updates:

Comment #13 on issue 1670 by address@hidden: Allow numbers in variable names: violin1mvt2 = c'

\relative c' { c d e f }
but music function arguments do not need to be enclosed in braces. In fact, using braces on the last argument of \tweak would render it non-operative:
\tweak NoteHead #'color #red { c' }
would not work since the sequential music does not even have a NoteHead. Should we strip one level of braces in function arguments like #{ ... #} does by now?

That would be actually a rather large incompatible change.  What with
\relative c' << \new Staff ... >> ?  Strip or not when writing
\relative c' { << \new Staff ... >> } ?

It does not really appear like any small amount of surgery will do here easily. Also, what with

c\f_1

Is \f_1 one command, or several?