Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2629 in lilypond: Patch: Get texidoc translati

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2629 in lilypond: Patch: Get texidoc translations out of snippets source files
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2012 18:02:53 +0000

Comment #28 on issue 2629 by address@hidden: Patch: Get texidoc translations out of snippets source files

Phil, the new process is much easier: basically translators now can treat .texidoc files the same way as other files (because there's no need to run makelsr anymore).

IMO the CG is complete: in 5.8.2 "Translating the website and other Texinfo documentation" the texidoc stuff is explained. There's nothing more to know.

There's probably only one error. I think that John has overlooked this sentence in the paragraph mentioned above:

"Then, you should get these translated strings into compiled snippets in ‘Documentation/snippets’, see ‘General guidelines’ in Adding and editing snippets."

I guess it should be removed, as the strings will be copied in the compiled snippets when building the docs.

I'll write to translators.

Thanks guys for your work!