Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2673 in lilypond: Volta improvements

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2673 in lilypond: Volta improvements
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2012 13:57:08 +0000

Comment #20 on issue 2673 by address@hidden: Volta improvements

I remember looking at that image and figured "oh, I guess that was intended", since I didn't read the commit message to see what the patch was actually about.

I don't think there's any specific lessons to be learned from this. The countdown mechanism gives us all an opportunity to have better-quality code and fewer regressions; we have collectively chosen to accept the same amount of regressions and code quality based on the relatively lax reviews (in both quality and quantity). There's nothing wrong with that, as long as it's an informed choice and we accept the consequences.

(BTW, with the Paris server, it would be easy to put the regtest comparison for each patchset up on the internet. All reviews would then contain a link to the regtest comparison, automatically, so that anybody could see exactly what the changes were. ETA: 2 hours of python hacking in Patchy, maybe 1 hour of messing around on the server depend on how it's set up. I think this could be extremely useful. Think about it. :)