Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1908 in lilypond: Causes lily to fail during r

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1908 in lilypond: Causes lily to fail during regtests if binary is unoptimized
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 15:41:34 +0000

Comment #5 on issue 1908 by address@hidden: Causes lily to fail during regtests if binary is unoptimized

Couldn't we make --disable-optimising the default in configure[.in], so developers don't have to think about setting this option?

If there are concerns about packagers compiling unoptimized binaries, we could use a trick like enabling optimization (and -DNDEBUG) by default in configure script generated in the tarball made with "make dist".

Another option to consider, which I prefer, is separating handling of GCC optimization flags and -DNDEBUG settings in configure options; in this case we would have --check-assertions enabled by default (--no-check-assertions would set -DNDEBUG), and --enable-optimising still the default (setting only GCC optimization flags and not messing with -DNDEBUG).