Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2647 in lilypond: Doc: Clicking on lilypond ex

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2647 in lilypond: Doc: Clicking on lilypond example images to obtain source file
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 15:03:25 +0000

Comment #2 on issue 2647 by address@hidden: Doc: Clicking on lilypond example images to obtain source file

I think that most of documentation snippets use [verbatim], so it's very unlikely that someone will click on an example image. I'd be curious to know what happens in other operating systems..

I'm wondering if the new behaviour is related to a change in the operating system rather than in the browser. Mime types should be handled by the system, right? My blind guess is that some months ago .ly files were not associated to a specific mime type, so browser handled them as plain text.

The mime type of .ly file - in Debian testing - is text/x-lilypond (see /usr/share/mime/text/x-lilypond.xml). I don't know if it has been introduced recently (maybe with the upgrade to Gnome 3?).
Useful links:
http://library.gnome.org/admin/system-admin-guide/stable/mimetypes-0.html.en
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2007-01/msg00491.html

Anyway, if we want the .ly file to be opened inside the browser we should put this line in lilypond.org.htaccess:

AddType text/plain .ly

However, I'm not sure if it's desirable.