Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1661 in lilypond: MIDI dynamics take effect on

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1661 in lilypond: MIDI dynamics take effect one note too late
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 23:10:02 +0000

Comment #11 on issue 1661 by address@hidden: MIDI dynamics take effect one note too late

Confirmining.  I was stating independent facts back in comment 4 :

This is one of Heikki's MIDI patches; it fixes the original problem completely.

The original problem is a regression; for practical purposes, ver 2.12 implemented dynamics for proof-hearing purposes, while ver 2.14-current do not.

The suggestion in comment 1 is a request for enhancement (automatically shifting dynamics to a preceding grace) that Heikki did not include in his patch. I don't want that enhancement myself, but anybody who does can post it as an enhancement request.