Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2533 in lilypond: Patch: line_count fixes

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2533 in lilypond: Patch: line_count fixes
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 04:37:58 +0000

Comment #50 on issue 2533 by address@hidden: Patch: line_count fixes

I figured that if Pál hadn't seen a problem, and Patchy didn't specify, we would need to review to find it. (And review did find this problem.)

No, it didn't. Rerunning Patchy and then hand-retracing did find the problem. That would have been the procedure if nobody could have found a problem after looking closely and Patchy would have been rerun by setting status Patch-new again. You did not even give Pál a chance for doing a check himself. If I had followed normal procedures after you overriding the status with "Patch-review", this patch would have gotten on normal countdown and get pushed to staging where it would have caused more of an annoyance.

If you decide that Patchy has made a mistake, _please_ _please_ _please_ set the status back to Patch-new to give it another chance instead of deciding "oh, we don't need Patchy then". There is no point to having test procedures if their failure just makes you skip them.