[Lilypond-auto] Issue 2682 in lilypond: Collision of notehead and beam i

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2682 in lilypond: Collision of notehead and beam in beam-collision-basic.ly regression test
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 09:15:34 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Ugly

New issue 2682 by address@hidden: Collision of notehead and beam in beam-collision-basic.ly regression test

Arnold Theresius reported here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2012-07/msg00090.html
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.bugs/35842
http://old.nabble.com/A-few-regressiontest-2.15.41.pdf-results-td34166638.html

An extract from his original post follows:
beam-collision-basic.ly:
collision of notehad and beam in measure 6, beat 3 + 1/8

Before creating this issue tracker I searched for "beam-collision-basic" on this page:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/input/regression/collated-files

and I see the collision that Arnold identified. I don't think this is a regression. Although beam-collision-basic.ly is listed in the 2.15.41 versus 2.15.40 comparison:

http://lilypond.org/test/v2.15.41-1/compare-v2.15.40-1/index.html

it is only for a trivial difference in the log output:

2.15.40: "Interpreting music... [8]"
2.15.41: "Interpreting music...[8]"

So I have classified this as ugly.

The beam-collision-basic.ly regression test and associated code was
added relatively recently, in February 2011:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/lilypond.git/tree/input/regression/beam-collision-basic.ly

As far as I can see beam-collision-basic.ly rendering changed with 2.15.26:

http://lilypond.org/test/v2.15.26-1/compare-v2.15.24-1/index.html

the rendering by 2.15.26 looks lot like what we're getting from 2.15.41 today.

Cheers,
Colin.