Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2653 in lilypond: Midi output does not respect

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2653 in lilypond: Midi output does not respect tied notes
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 07:21:53 +0000

Comment #11 on issue 2653 by address@hidden: Midi output does not respect tied notes

Siting wikipedia here is no help - the tie article is just a stub and
has no content justifying your statement, where is this long tradition
you speak of? My experience of playing from printed music is that there
is no discernable difference from a slur line between two notes and a
tie line between two notes it is up to the player to notice that the
notes are the same and therefore ARE tied. If a composer wants a full
length note when two notes are the same a fermata is used to indicate this.

I am not in any way convinced by your arguments so far although I am
happy to use the defined lilypond notation now i know it exists to tie
my notes.

Thankyou for the discussion so far I, would like to be proved wrong but
I don't think you have succeeded yet!