Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 582 in lilypond: slur and tie start in (almost

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 582 in lilypond: slur and tie start in (almost) same spot
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 08:31:29 +0000

Comment #10 on issue 582 by address@hidden: slur and tie start in (almost) same spot

For me, value 0.25 for slur-tie-extrema-min-distance works. However, I'm not really satisfied with the solution. This has nothing to do with Mike's quick fix for which I'm very grateful, and which is definitely an improvement, surprisingly even for single slurs without any collisions. I just wonder why lilypond doesn't find the more `natural' solution, this is, shorten the tie a bit horizontally which moves the start and end point to the right and left, respectively. Then the vertical position of the slur's start doesn't need to be moved up at all.