Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2415 in lilypond: make doc clean does not dele

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2415 in lilypond: make doc clean does not delete logfiles
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 15:28:57 +0000

Comment #8 on issue 2415 by address@hidden: make doc clean does not delete logfiles

Grr. The description above is the original one and now wrong. I've followed John's suggestion and created a make log-clean recipe and documented this in the CG. There's an oddity of the build process that this reveals. Run make, make doc, make clean, make doc-clean and make log-clean and the final step produces this before the deletion of the logfiles:

mkdir -p ./out
touch ./out/dummy.dep
echo '*' > ./out/.gitignore

This is because dummy.dep is regarded as a makefile by make, and has been deleted by the previous make clean steps. It's therefore remade. If we look at the output from make clean, it's got lots of these type entries:

make[3]: Entering directory `/media/IntelSSD/lilypond/lilypond-git/build/Documentation/zh/included'
mkdir -p ./out
touch ./out/dummy.dep
echo '*' > ./out/.gitignore
make[3]: Leaving directory `/media/IntelSSD/lilypond/lilypond-git/build/Documentation/zh/included' make[3]: Entering directory `/media/IntelSSD/lilypond/lilypond-git/build/Documentation/zh/included'
rm -rf ./out
true
make[3]: Leaving directory `/media/IntelSSD/lilypond/lilypond-git/build/Documentation/zh/included'

- so the directory is created, dummy.dep is created and then the directory is deleted. Think it's a minor bug, but I don't know how to fix it.