Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2522 in lilypond: duration*0 considered harmfu

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2522 in lilypond: duration*0 considered harmful
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 04:18:03 +0000

Updates:
        Labels: -Patch-push

Comment #17 on issue 2522 by address@hidden: duration*0 considered harmful

Pushed as e765ccfb78a8fd117c55773b4cfb8606484bcab9 to staging. This was just a side documentation issue documenting aspects of parallel music and chords.

The basic issue remains open. As pointed out in comment 14, the documentation state for s1*0 is actually even more pitiful and would warrant improvement if the user is supposed to be able to make an educated choice. And it will not suffice to put a "<> will do this, s1*0 will do that" somewhere if that's the only place where we talk about <> and s1*0: in that case the user can't actually make his own reasoning but just pick a champion based on that particular passage.

That's just "teaching the controversy" <URL:http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=2627#comic>, so we should get useful information surrounding the concepts of s1*0 also into place.

And then we still need to decide what to pick when we need a non-time-advancing post-event holder in our independent code examples.