Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2522 in lilypond: duration*0 considered harmfu

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2522 in lilypond: duration*0 considered harmful
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 03:51:40 +0000

Comment #15 on issue 2522 by address@hidden: duration*0 considered harmful

Anecdotal evidence regarding the potential of the "considered harmful" issue:
<http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.general/72701>
Quote:

    That was it. After working on the score full-time for three days I
    couldn't see that {s1*3 s\p} is very different from {s1*3 s1\p}
    despite checking and correcting the dynamics block several
    times. After working in my garden for a few hours I spotted my error
    almost immediately.

Not every LilyPond user has a garden readily available.  Or a few hours.