Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2574 in lilypond: Footnote on first time signa

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2574 in lilypond: Footnote on first time signature gets mark but no footnote text
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 17:05:51 +0000

Comment #3 on issue 2574 by address@hidden: Footnote on first time signature gets mark but no footnote text

Did some snooping.

1) In System::get_footnote_grobs_in_range, there is a variable end_of_line_visible that is currently vestigial so far as I can tell. We should look at footnote regtests to make sure that things are functioning correctly - this looks like the sorta thing that functioned in the past but that I forgot to remove from the code. However, before deleting it for good, it'd be good to know if all regtests are functioning correctly.

2) For a time signature at the beginning of the line, there are currently two FootnoteItem grobs created. I have no clue why, as only one FootnoteItem is created at timestamp 0 in the engraver. The place to look may be Item::copy_breakable_items to see if this is called twice and, if so, why and by whom.