Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2246 in lilypond: beaming in 3/4 - a setting t

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2246 in lilypond: beaming in 3/4 - a setting to not beam 3 eights against the beat.
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 00:26:44 +0000

Comment #22 on issue 2246 by address@hidden: beaming in 3/4 - a setting to not beam 3 eights against the beat.

Well, here is the evidence according to Gould.

According to her, 2 of the three beats need to be exposed by the beaming.

She mentions that music from the Classical and Romantic periods frequently use a4. a8[ a a] beaming.

Given that (a) Gould says it isn't right to do so, and (b) Gould also says it's commonly done in Classical and Romantic music, it seems that having it under user control is the right thing to do.

Now, as to why the issue wasn't fixed, I'll have to look into it. I did find a fix that superseded comment 2, IIRC. But certainly it isn't fixed as of right now.

But I think the issue is valid, and user-selectable options seem to be the right way to go.

Attachments:
        Gould 153.png  37.0 KB
        Gould 168.png  36.5 KB
        Gould 169.png  23.6 KB