[Lilypond-auto] Issue 2564 in lilypond: MuseScore MusicXML interoperabil

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2564 in lilypond: MuseScore MusicXML interoperability with musicxml2ly
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 23:02:00 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Scripts

New issue 2564 by address@hidden: MuseScore MusicXML interoperability with musicxml2ly

Martin Tarenskeen reported:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2012-05/msg00172.html

Hi,

I did a little experiment. Someone wrote a Bach-style fugue on the theme of Angry Birds using MuseScore.

I exported the tune as MusicXML. Then I imported the MusicXML back to MuseScore - no problem. Next experiment: I used musicxml2ly to see what LilyPond would do with this tune.

But it exposes some ugly errors in the result.

I am attaching:
- PDF produced by MuseScore
- MXL file exported from MuseScore
- PDF produced by musicxml2ly + LilyPond 2.15.39

Just take a look and compare. You can easily see some strange things are happening.

--

MT