Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 559 in lilypond: Feature request: support acco

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 559 in lilypond: Feature request: support accordion with standard bass
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 07:51:33 +0000

Comment #1 on issue 559 by address@hidden: Feature request: support accordion with standard bass

Well, I'm new to the accordion, new to lilypond and new to scheme but I recently found myself wanting to solve one of the presentation issues related to accordion bass notation.

Specifically, I wanted to be able to generate chord notation that gave the correct chord name while creating a bass track that only showed the single note for the chord.

So I hacked together a function that takes chord input, grabs the first note in that chord and displays the appropriate bass note.

Sample file attached.

Doesn't support display or notation of bass note and chord at the same time, or indeed, multiple bass notes at once due to the way it just strips out everything but the first note it finds.

Apologies if this is in the wrong place. I came across this post while googling to see if someone else had solved this problem. Would be most appreciative to know if others are working on stuff like this... because they'd surely have done a better job than me!

Attachments:
        accBass.ly  3.9 KB