Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2536 in lilypond: Patch: Make \footnote work v

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2536 in lilypond: Patch: Make \footnote work via \tweak
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 16:51:23 +0000

Comment #9 on issue 2536 by address@hidden: Patch: Make \footnote work via \tweak

Working on the docs and regtests (the result of the automatic conversions is using the old, complex way of applying footnotes).

Example screenshot of the ongoing work attached; please take a look. I like the current tradeoff between power and complexity. You almost never need to specify a grob type, and attaching footnotes to articulations is straightforward. It is a bit of a nuisance that one has to remember writing -\footnote for postevents. I think I should try to remove the distinction between music functions and event functions eventually: the resulting music expression type should suffice for determining the post-event character. But that is a different change.

Attachments:
        footnotes.png  10.8 KB