Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2505 in lilypond: Patch: Doc: NR clarified \fo

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2505 in lilypond: Patch: Doc: NR clarified \footnote command as a TextScript
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 15:15:32 +0000

Updates:
        Blockedon: 2536

Comment #31 on issue 2505 by address@hidden: Patch: Doc: NR clarified \footnote command as a TextScript

I have put out a working draft (does not pass regression tests yet as I have not done the necessary changes except for two files) of the tweak-like approach as issue 2536. It should not require the use of <> or equivalent, but I have no convincing plan for a reasonably automatic convert-ly conversion.

Please don't push _this_ patch until we have had a discussion on the merits of the syntax proposed as issue 2536. I'll try to make it pass the tests next, and then take a look at the code passages in the documentation. The documentation text will come last. Please holler if you have trouble understanding the proposed syntax in the mean time and that keeps you from evaluating this yet-another-footnote change.

I think it offers the least overall painful syntax, considering all possible use cases.