[Lilypond-auto] Issue 2529 in lilypond: configure should error for any m

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2529 in lilypond: configure should error for any missing software
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 15:20:01 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Maintainability Frog

New issue 2529 by address@hidden: configure should error for any missing software

IIRC right now configure with give a warning for any missing software for the doc build, and an error for any missing software required for building lilypond.

I think we should produce an error for any missing software at all, possibly adding a --ignore-missing-doc-build-requirement or --requirements-for-binaries-only option to produce warnings instead of errors in such case. In this age of huge hard disks and widespread broadband internet, it's not worth playing coy trying to let people build lilypond without installing small packages like dblatex.