Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2476 in lilypond: Doc AU: Using escape charact

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2476 in lilypond: Doc AU: Using escape characters in different shells for -doptions can be inconsistent
Date: Sat, 05 May 2012 08:07:44 +0000

Comment #8 on issue 2476 by address@hidden: Doc AU: Using escape characters in different shells for -doptions can be inconsistent

the problem occurs only with the _advanced_ options (-d … ) - basic options involving a file name with blanks ( --include= or --init=) work as expected; also a .ly file with blanks in the name can simply be processed when enclosed in double quotes.

I've tested your proposal to run lilypond from a batch file, but the same error occurs (I don't know awk).

since it looks so complicated to explain (is it possible?) and document these quoting matters I see another solution: could the include-settings be implemented as a basic option!?

what do you thinK?