Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2413 in lilypond: NR Warn users that \markup \

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2413 in lilypond: NR Warn users that \markup \bold \wordwrap-lines does not work as expected
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 21:37:35 +0000

Updates:

Comment #1 on issue 2413 by address@hidden: NR Warn users that \markup \bold \wordwrap-lines does not work as expected

Could someone for the 'not fully understanding' give me an example of the 'special situation' stated above -

--snip--
There is a somewhat special situation when they occur at
the _start_ of where a markup list is expected: in that case, they are
applied to _every_ element of the following markup list.
--snip--

It seems this is one of semantics/definition at least for me.

\markup I understand as the top level in this case, but 'intermediary' I'm not so sure. For instance it seems that there is a difference between \bold and \*line markup 'qualifiers'.

I cannot think or workout how to differentiate between them

\markup \bold \wordwrap-lines {} fails

\markup \bold \centre-column {} is ok

\markup \centre-column \bold {} is ok too.

:/