Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2476 in lilypond: Doc AU: Using escape charact

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2476 in lilypond: Doc AU: Using escape characters in different shells for -doptions can be inconsistent
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 19:43:12 +0000

Comment #6 on issue 2476 by address@hidden: Doc AU: Using escape characters in different shells for -doptions can be inconsistent

OK I think I understand what needs to be done here - after suffering similar issues trying to learn (fight with?) awk using a windows cmd shell. Windows cmd shell does have problems with escaping certain characters although I believe (unless anyone tells me differently) that if you added a -doption in a 'file' and called lilypond or lilypond-book then the weirdness goes away and you get the 'expected' behaviour (at least you do in awk). Also while this is problematic with Windows, I also believe that other unix shells could have similar, if not exactly the same issue.