Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2496 in lilypond: Add announcements to the upp

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2496 in lilypond: Add announcements to the upper right corner of the website
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 15:41:13 +0000

Comment #21 on issue 2496 by address@hidden: Add announcements to the upper right corner of the website

Regarding comment #17: this is a case of 2.15.38 not getting out, not a case for 2.16 not getting out. A release candidate is not a stable release: what has blocked the stable release so far is that no release candidate survived the 2-week settling period without a (usually unrelated) critical regression being discovered. A delay here means that we have more time to discover regressions.

Basically our release criteria are such that we'll get a stable release once everybody is tired of looking for bugs and funding regressions.

So it makes little sense to let the stable release excitement determine the treatment of this bug.

In fact, we likely don't want to have it stomp over the next release candidate again, and it is not like we will release 2.16 tomorrow.

What is at issue here is that the bug precludes 2.15.38 from being released. Since the release procedure even for unstable releases is costly, a fix should be tested well enough before the procedure gets started again.

To me it looks likely that the lines after

# Website post-processing

in make/website.make are at issue here, but I have no idea how this is intended to work and whether or not the tweet.xml needs to be present on the installed website or not.

It is not exactly news by now that changes of the website structure require checking the respective commands to work as well.