Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2449 in lilypond: Redesign stream event class

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2449 in lilypond: Redesign stream event class representation
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 13:41:38 +0000

Comment #11 on issue 2449 by address@hidden: Redesign stream event class representation

Ok, now I am annoyed. In the documentation changes, I found that \rightHandFinger does not work outside of a chord. Why doesn't it work? Because the rhythmic music iterator sees that there is a listener for stroke-finger-event, so instead of leaving the event in the articulation list, it broadcasts the event.

The listener is in the fingering-engraver. Since \rightHandFinger is _documented_ to only work inside of a chord, its only conceivable function is throwing events away in a complicated manner. Where is the point? What is the plan? Make the old fingering engraver actually do something with the event? If not, how about throwing out the listener and thus fixing the problem?