Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2449 in lilypond: Redesign stream event class

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2449 in lilypond: Redesign stream event class representation
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 12:35:32 +0000

Comment #10 on issue 2449 by address@hidden: Redesign stream event class representation

Compiling and looking at the documentation gives the attached result. What is to be done about it?

The problem here is that string numbers are typeset by the new fingering engraver looking in 'articulations. In contrast, the fingering here detects that it has a listener (namely the old fingering engraver) and gets broadcasted as a separate event. If we remove the old fingering engraver, then adding fingerings with simultaneous music << { c4 } { s4-3 } >> likely becomes infeasible. But it is not like we can do this with string numbers currently, either.

Another possibility would be to first let the new fingering engraver make a try on all articulations (and broadcast _all_ of them) and then let the old fingering engraver ignore the broadcast on those articulations that the new one already treated. That way, we'd get our order back, and have the old fingering engraver _only_ work on fingerings associated with the voice/chord rather than single notes.

That way, we'd get our order back.  Is that even worth the trouble?

Attachments:
        Screenshot from 2012-04-23 14:33:58.png  11.1 KB