Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2445 in lilypond: Center a number above a meas

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2445 in lilypond: Center a number above a measure
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 21:13:16 +0000

Comment #10 on issue 2445 by address@hidden: Center a number above a measure

@Themu...

Thanks for this observation! It turns out that I chose a wrong reference point in my calculations and the numbers ended up being the width of a bar line off. I wouldn't have noticed this, but it's very clear when you line things up like you do.

You can number a single measure with this engraver. It's not particularly convenient, and I could look into a way to allow you to do this without explicitly starting and stopping a spanner.

You can start the numbering on any number you'd like by overriding the 'counter property. This contains the first number in the sequence.

The problem with not being able to number the first measure comes from the fact that the engraver uses bar lines. The second version I posted to this issue uses NonMusicalPaperColumn and you _can_ number the first measure with that one, but it creates problems with vertical spacing which I couldn't fix. (The number is ignored when systems are stacked; you can force a number to go into the system above.) I'll keep working on this issue.

Thanks for looking into this!

Attachments:
        measureCounterEngraver06c.ly  7.2 KB
        measureCounterEngraver06c.png  19.4 KB