Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2470 in lilypond: Patch: introduce completionU

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2470 in lilypond: Patch: introduce completionUnit
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 09:54:39 +0000

Updates:
        Labels: -Patch-needs_work Patch-review

Comment #11 on issue 2470 by address@hidden: Patch: introduce completionUnit

Looking at the first comparative picture makes clear that the beams are broken here whenever a quarter note intervenes, namely when different circumstances make it impossible to continue. The usual 6/4 beaming exceptions in scm/time-signature-settings.scm state
    ;;   use defaults, but end beams with 32nd or finer each 1/4 beat
             ((beamExceptions . ((end .  (((1 . 16) . (4 4 4 4 4 4))))))))

which, among other things, means that the comment does not match the code. One should likely add a triplet exception like on 4/4, and make either the code match the comment, or the comment match the code, depending on what the desired behavior actually is (my guess would be that the code is correct here).

In other words: I agree with Pál's statement that the beaming is an independent problem (for example, see how the first triplets in the unchanged code are beamed together contraintuitively), and consequently set the patch back to "review".