lightning

Re: Conditional opcodes

From: Paulo César Pereira de Andrade
Subject: Re: Conditional opcodes
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 20:13:59 -0300

Em dom., 15 de mai. de 2022 às 19:08, Paul Cercueil
<paul@crapouillou.net> escreveu:

> Hi Paulo,

  Hi Paul,

> I saw you merged the conditional opcodes patch and improved upon it,
> thanks!

  No problems :)

> One comment though - shouldn't the jit_code_movnr / jit_code_movzr be
> at the end of the jit_code_t list? Otherwise it's breaking ABI with
> already compiled programs...

  New instructions are material for a new release. Must still fool proof
check in all supported configurations.

  I am not aware of any environment where the ABI compatibility must
be kept,  even on the development version, and the code using
lightning cannot be rebuilt.

  If you have such environment, please let me know.

  Also, the ending instructions are special case instructions, specific
to some backends. Like the move of floats to/from integer registers,
without conversion.