libunwind-devel

Re: [Libunwind-devel] Plan for future releases?

From: Konstantin Belousov
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] Plan for future releases?
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 11:45:45 +0200

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 02:02:25PM -0800, Arun Sharma wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 2:47 AM, Konstantin Belousov
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 05:46:37PM -0800, Arun Sharma wrote:
> >> Hello, I'm glad to hear that you're getting better results from
> >> master. I'm happy to make a 1.2 tar ball in the next few days.
> > I have FreeBSD/arm port almost finished.  There are some bits that
> > need polishing, and I have no way to test Linux and QNX, even the
> > builds.
> >
> > It might make sense to include the port even in its current state,
> > assuming somebody could confirm that there is no regressions for
> > already supported platforms.
>
> I can help test Linux/x86_64. Please post your patches.

I do not expect that anything should be changed or could break for x86_64.
My concern is about Linux on ARM and possibly QNX.

The patch is available at
https://people.freebsd.org/~kib/git/libunwind.git/
branch for-arun commit 5fd04f7f26a5de726

I remember that there were several issues not finalized when I worked on this:
1. I extended unw_tdep_frame_t frame_type bit width, so structure take
one more word.  This may be acceptable.
2. I did not re-checked the FreeBSD sigframe layout constants AFAIR.
3. Some tests segfault.

I tried the port with my pstacku code and it worked for my use.