libunwind-devel

[Libunwind-devel] Get function name by IP

From: Dmitri Shubin
Subject: [Libunwind-devel] Get function name by IP
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2014 18:12:31 +0400

Hello,

I need to resolve function name by its IP, but found only unw_get_proc_name() which needs cursor and unw_get_proc_info_by_ip() which doesn't return function name.
After checking source I found src/mi/Gget_proc_name.c:get_proc_name() static function which does exactly what I need.
Is it ok to export it as unw_get_proc_name_by_ip() ?

I attached patch that does exactly that and it seems to work fine for me (local unwinding, linux, x86_64).

Thanks!