libunwind-devel

[Libunwind-devel] Some fixes for libunwind on ia64 (GNU/Linux and HPUX)

From: Joel Brobecker
Subject: [Libunwind-devel] Some fixes for libunwind on ia64 (GNU/Linux and HPUX)
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 20:07:06 -0400

Hello,

I have been using a patched libunwind-0.98.5 on ia64-linux and
ia64-hpux (the main target is HPUX) with good success for many years,
but I was curious to see where it was today, as I remembered that
I promised myself I would submit my patches but never found the time.

I only attempted to build it today, as that's as far as I could go
in the time I had.  Hopefully, I'll find the time to test it, although
testing doesn't even build neither on GNU/Linux, nor HPUX.  But I want
to test it from inside GDB, which is my main interest.

There is still a compilation failure on ia64-linux, which I don't
really know how to fix.  It's a call to _UPTi_find_unwind_table
where the interface has been changed to add an extra parameter
at the end (the IP). The call is in _UPT_get_dyn_info_list_addr.c,
function get_list_addr.  I looked at the patch that changed this,
and the one call that was changed was easy to deal with, since that
IP was just readily available.  I don't have much knowledge about
libunwind, so I don't know how to get it in that context.

Onto the patches...