libunwind-devel

Re: [Libunwind-devel] libunwind library/source for Linux 64 bit

From: Lassi Tuura
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] libunwind library/source for Linux 64 bit
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 17:22:44 +0200

Hi,

> I am new to libunwind development. And using “Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server
> release 5.2 (Tikanga) Kernel 2.6.18-92.el5 on an x86_64.” Machine for the
> same.
>
> Is libunwind library compatible for this OS configuration?

I think so, though you might experience some issues with unwind accuracy
depending on what you do. I recently posted some patches that try to address
most of the issues.

> Where can I get this source to download or can I get any library for the same?

http://www.google.com/search?q=libunwind+download first link seems pretty
useful :-) You should use the GIT version, not the 0.99 release tar ball.

> I tried to download source from various sites but could not get.
>
> I need this for traversing execution call stack of other process on Linux and
> there are few methods which are supporting this.

HTH,
Lassi