libunwind-devel

Re: [Libunwind-devel] Freebsd port tests: issues with C++ test Gtest-ini

From: Konstantin Belousov
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] Freebsd port tests: issues with C++ test Gtest-init
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 15:35:45 +0300

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 04:11:30PM -0700, Shravan Gaonkar wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I have been checking the output of each test case of libunwind on 32
> bit bsd and linux.
> On running the C++ test, I found that on BSD, libunwind does not
> generate the symbol table names.
>
> ---LINUX 32 BIT--------------------------
> /linux/libunwind/tests> ./Gtest-init -V
> backtrace() from atexit()-handler:
>   [80488c4] <_Z9backtracev+0x2c>
>   [8048a6b] <_Z1bv+0xb>
>   [8048b12] <_Z1av+0x20>
>   [b7ce1084] <exit+0xd4>
>   [b7cc9458] <__libc_start_main+0xe8>
>   [8048801] <_start+0x21>
> ---BSD 32 BIT--------------------------
> ./Gtest-init -V
> backtrace() from atexit()-handler:
>   [804886e] <>
>   [80489eb] <>
>   [8048ac0] <>
>   [28276493] <>
>   [28225fda] <>
>   [80487a1] <>
>   [2] <>
> ------------------------------
>
> Same issue exists with Ltest-init.
>
> thanks
>  shravan

I suspect this is a combination of serveral factors.

First, please note that use of verbose variable in the constructor
of Test_Class is dubious, since the variable is initialized from the
program argv in main(), but object t is static and its constructor
is called before main, so this is why first backtrace is never shown.

That said, there was a bug in rewritted tdep_get_elf_image() function
that I fixed in commit 61f4345.