libunwind-devel

[libunwind] Re: dl_iterate_phdr() and libunwind

From: David Mosberger-Tang
Subject: [libunwind] Re: dl_iterate_phdr() and libunwind
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 10:57:17 -0600

Great!

 --david

On 5/12/06, Arun Sharma <address@hidden> wrote:
David Mosberger-Tang wrote:
> Hi Arun,
>
> IIRC, unwinding of static binaries never worked on DWARF-based
> platforms (it does work on ia64).  I don't remember exactly what the
> problem was but it had to do with finding a way to get access to the
> unwind-program-header.  Richard Henderson probably can give you a much
> better idea of what should and can be done for this case.

I chased this down yesterday afternoon. Here's the change that fixes it.

http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/libc/elf/dl-iteratephdr.c?cvsroot=glibc&only_with_tag=ChangeLog

So glibc-2.3.3 and newer work fine for statically linked binaries.

        -Arun

--
Mosberger Consulting LLC, http://www.mosberger-consulting.com/