libunwind-devel

Re: [libunwind] filling in unw_dyn_region_info_t

From: David Mosberger
Subject: Re: [libunwind] filling in unw_dyn_region_info_t
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 17:19:18 -0800

Todd,

One thing I forgot to mention: the description in the SCRA of how
ar.unat needs to be handled with unwind directives may not be entirely
easy to understand (it wasn't for me, at least).  It's not really
difficult, just hard to explain!  In case you wonder about that, just
give a holler and we can make up an example that should clarify
things.

Better still: unless you save r4-r7 to memory, you probably won't have
to worry about ar.unat at all.  If you really have to use r4-r7, you
could simply save them to a local stacked register (r32-...)  and
still avoid having to deal with ar.unat spilling.

        --davidd