libunwind-devel

[libunwind] libunwind-0.2-pre4 available

From: David Mosberger
Subject: [libunwind] libunwind-0.2-pre4 available
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 23:27:46 -0800

The latest tar-ball for libunwind is now available for downloading
from ftp://ftp.hpl.hp.com/pub/linux-ia64, as usual.  There are
two major improvements:

 * On ia64, unwinding now works when the register backing store is
   split across multiple stack areas.  In a normal UNIX/Linux program,
   this case occurs when unwinding across a signal handler that is
   running on the alternate signal stack.  The new code has been
   tested pretty well, so I'm reasonably confident that this works as
   intended; knock on wood... ;-)

 * To facilitate using libunwind via ptrace(), there are now a bunch
   of helper routines that make this trivial.  In the normal case,
   you'll simply use the _UPT_accessors when calling
   unw_create_addr_space() and that's pretty much all it takes.  More
   details in the man page (libunwind-ptrace(3)).

Oh, I should say that I made the 0.2-pre4 snapshot before adding the
man-page.  However, the man-page will be available via the libunwind
web page (http://www.hpl.hp.com/research/linux/libunwind/) in a couple
of hours.

Enjoy,

        --david