New release?

From: Marc Nieper-Wißkirchen
Subject: New release?
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 14:24:12 +0200

Please excuse if this has been asked recently and I have missed it.

I'd like to ask when or whether we can expect a new libtool release? Many improvements have happened since the last release. For example, many builds are plagued with the warning "ar: `u' modifier ignored since `D' is the default (see `U')", which seems to be fixed in [1], but this patch is not in the latest release (although 5 years old).

Thanks,

Marc

--

[1] http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/libtool.git/commit/?id=418129bc63afc312701e84cb8afa5ca413df1ab5