Re: bootstrap patch

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: bootstrap patch
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 08:24:14 +1300

Hi Eric,

> On Jan 28, 2014, at 2:30 AM, Eric Blake <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> On 01/26/2014 11:08 AM, Bruce Korb wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> "test -f .git"?  Do you mean "test -d .git"?
>
> No, because .git can be a symlink, in which case test -d .git fails but
> test -f .git passes.

Urgh. Now I'm confused... the manual page for test on my Mac says that
-f passes if the argument exists and is a regular file. A directory is not a
regular file, so -f would fail (on MacOS at least), no?

Also, by default, I thought links were followed and the destination was
tested not the link itself?

I'll do some more tests when I get back to my computer, and adjust again
If necessary.

Cheers,
--
Gary V. Vaughan (gary AT gnu DOT org)