inter-library dependencies

From: Nicolas Carenton
Subject: inter-library dependencies
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 17:49:15 +0200 (CEST)

Hi list,

I am having troubles with inter-library dependencies.

Could you please confirm that link mode uses LD_LIBRARY_PATH to resolve -lname
from Makefile to .la?

The thing is -luuid is being resolved to the wrong file:
/usr/local/.../.../.../libuuid.so.16 where I would like it gets resolved to
/lib64/libuuid.so.1

Prefixing LD_LIBRARY_PATH with /lib64 apparently does not help.

Sorry for the beginner question. Sorry if this is the wrong list. Thanks a lot.

--
Nicolas Carenton
IPSL, Pôle de modélisation du climat

Tour 45-55 2ème étage Bureau 207