Re: removal of .la files from Debian and a possible solution to the libt

From: Anssi Hannula
Subject: Re: removal of .la files from Debian and a possible solution to the libtool shared libs problem
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 13:24:52 +0300

Paul Wise wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-08-25 at 18:34 +0300, Anssi Hannula wrote:
>
>> You mean to subscribe on the debian development list? I'd think this
>> list would be the more appropriate place for discussing a proper
>> upstream solution.
>
> There is no need to subscribe, just ask people to CC you. I'm unsure if
> you'll get useful feedback from Debian without posting to debian-devel.

Hmm, it seems to me like there is some confusion; I'm not a libtool
upstream developer, I just want an upstream solution to this problem
just as Debian people do (and most likely other distros; I see Fedora
also removes .la files per policy).

Or maybe your suggestion was not directed to me. In that case, the
confusion is all mine :)

--
Anssi Hannula