Re: problem with libtool generated version script and underscores

From: Mike Frysinger
Subject: Re: problem with libtool generated version script and underscores
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 22:30:58 -0500

libtool automatically discovers the prefix in _LT_CMD_GLOBAL_SYMBOLS and
stores the result into ac_symprfx (in libtool.m4).  i think all we need to do
is have _LT_LINKER_SHLIBS declare an m4_require on _LT_CMD_GLOBAL_SYMBOLS and
then we can use ac_symprfx in archive_expsym_cmds by adding an expression
like "-e s:^:$ac_symprfx:" to the sed that is in the pipeline from
export_symbols to the .ver output file.

i'm not terribly familiar with the libtool design philosophy though, so i
guess this would need more ... like _LT_TAGVAR(ac_symprfx) (in addition to
perhaps renaming), and delaying evaluation of the value to the libtool script
itself ...
-mike