Re: runtime module question

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: runtime module question
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 00:59:20 +0100

Hi Jason,

On 22 May 2007, at 19:24, Jason Kraftcheck wrote:
I'd like to use libltdl to use two libraries in a application, where both libraries have exactly the same API. I'm reasonably sure this will work on platforms that support shared libraries. However, I will also need to
make this work on a couple of platforms that do not.  From the libltdl
documentation, I see that libtool supports pre-linking static 'modules'.
Will this work if the static "modules" have conflicting symbol names?

Yes, it will work because you need to redefine the api symbols in the
source code to each module.  Take a look at the code in mdemo to see how
it is done.  Hint: search for _LTX_

Cheers,
        Gary
--