Re: "~" in builddirs caused libtool to fail

From: Peter O'Gorman
Subject: Re: "~" in builddirs caused libtool to fail
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 20:26:24 +0900

On Sep 24, 2006, at 8:12 PM, Kurt Roeckx wrote:

Hi,

In Debian we recently allowed ~ in version numbers, where ~ could be
used to sort after everything else. This is for instance useful so that
1.0~rc1 is a smaller version than 1.0.

Using this seems to be breaking libtool, because it uses ~ for something
else.  Can someone take a look at this?

I'm pretty sure that I applied a patch sometime to allow ~ in the build dir name.

Here we are:
2004-01-25  Peter O'Gorman  <address@hidden>

* ltmain.in: Move eval to after command separation to allow ~ in paths.

Maybe it's been broken again? Can you please provide ./libtool -- version for the packages in question.

Thanks,
Peter