Re: how to link with installed libltdl?

From: Howard Chu
Subject: Re: how to link with installed libltdl?
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 13:26:33 -0700

Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
Hi,

for opensc and related projects we came to the conclusion
it is best to require the user to install libltdl.so and
header files, and then link to that library.

Is there a recommended way to implement this in autoconf?
In the documentation it looks like all scenarios copy
libltdl into the source, but we don't want to do that.

In OpenLDAP's configure.in we use

    AC_CHECK_HEADERS(ltdl.h)

    if test $ac_cv_header_ltdl_h = no ; then
        AC_MSG_ERROR([could not locate libtool ltdl.h])
    fi

    AC_CHECK_LIB(ltdl, lt_dlinit, [
        MODULES_LIBS=-lltdl
        AC_DEFINE(HAVE_LIBLTDL,1,[define if you have libtool -ltdl])
    ])

    if test "$ac_cv_lib_ltdl_lt_dlinit" = no ; then
        AC_MSG_ERROR([could not locate libtool -lltdl])
    fi

--
  -- Howard Chu